2009年2月2日月曜日

Education

1. Do you think Japan should give more students options to study more languages (other than English) in Junior and Senior High School?

We are starting the change for education in Japan. I have been thinking that the education of English in Japan has some ploblems. We do not have many chances to speak in English in class. We learned forcusing on just reading and writting skills at least for me. Therefore I did not get used of speaking English until I went to study abroad.
What I think about this question is we do not complete plans and systems for English education yet, so it will be tough to add more options to study other languages than English.
But If we have many chaces to choose what languages we learn in school, our future would go spread directions.

In this spring I'm going to start working relating to English education. And I just had a meeting with my bosses and other workers. I have learned the new English education system and had the lecture about it. I got some details and information about the coming new policy in the meeting.
I fond the same opinion as what it says in this article. "People say that if we teach entirely in English, students will not be able to follow the lessons." I agree with this. little children might dislike to study English. It might be better to start learning English in Junior high school. One of people who gave comments in this article said that's not true. Language is to be used. If we use it often, students' awareness will change.
But now will it be possible not to be against for taking a entire class in English for children? I do not think so.

hmmmmm. That is the big issue for Japan.

2 件のコメント:

Blogger さんのコメント...

I think so too.
We don't have many chance to speak English. I think we need more opportunities to speak English.

HJU Teacher さんのコメント...

Right! Good comments.